Organization President – IDPro®
IDPro® fosters ethics and excellence in the practice and profession of digital identity. We provide our membership with world-class opportunities for learning, career progression, and industry contribution.
In support of our mission and aligned to our values, we are recruiting for the role of President of the organization. We encourage individuals from all backgrounds to consider applying for this position, since we feel an even more diverse set of individuals will benefit IDPro.
We are looking for someone to be a highly visible leader who provides senior level chief executive leadership and management of strategic efforts according to the direction set by the IDPro Board of Directors. Working in collaboration with, and under the direction of, the Board, the President will:
- assist with the development and execution of the organization’s strategic initiatives
- lead outreach to C-level executives and industry luminaries for potential partnerships
- recruit funding partners from industry companies that supply the industry and from enterprises whose operations depend on identity professionals
- define and lead initiatives to drive recruitment of individual members across the private, public and non-profit sectors
- serve as a public spokesperson for the organization, communicating our values in both domestic and international venues
The President will coordinate, manage and drive the activities of existing operations, membership, finance, and marketing staff as well as IDPro programs and committees in line with the agreed strategic and operational priorities.
The ideal candidate will have experience with startup and formative non-profit professional organizations, with significant business management and spokesperson experience, and demonstrated excellence in public speaking. Alignment with IDPro’s values and an understanding of the importance of the mission are required. A team-oriented approach and experience working constructively, inclusively and flexibly in a global organization spanning different cultures, nationalities and time zones is desirable. A knowledge of identity and access management, experience with certification programs, or a general technical background in the software industry would be helpful.
Initially, this role will be a 6-month contract for a part-time position, with the intention to extend both duration and term after the initial 6-month period, if organization objectives are met.
Leadership and Engagement
- Oversee the planning, implementation and evaluation of IDPro programs and services. Ensure that the programs and services offered by the organization contribute positively to the organization’s mission, and that they reflect and deliver on the priorities of the Board.
- Engage with the broader digital identity management community in representation of the organization’s mission and values.
- Drive IDPro’s strategic initiatives via participation in committees and work groups throughout the organization.
- Act as a professional advisor to the Board on all aspects of IDPro’s business and program activities.
- Identify strategic opportunities and alliances for the organization.
Outreach and Development
- Drive and expand IDPro’s certification strategy and programs.
- Plan and execute programs to attract new members, and to provide value to and retain existing members.
- Research additional funding sources, oversee the development of revenue raising plans and write funding proposals to further enhance the organization’s financial stability.
- Communicate regularly with the organization’s membership, keep them informed of the work of the organization, and identify and respond appropriately to changes in the industries served by the organization.
- Orchestrate the delivery of IDPro’s marketing activities across multiple agencies against clear success metrics and agreed upon strategy.
- Drive the growth of the organization in terms of membership and revenue
- Analyze and report out on risks to the organization, and recommend mitigation measures
- Monitor the day-to-day delivery of the programs and services of the organization to maintain or improve quality.
- Ensure repeatable measurable processes to retain institutional knowledge and organizational health.
- Oversee contracts for IDPro’s technical, marketing, communications and public relations campaigns.
- Ensure all necessary policies and procedures for effective management of operations.
- Hire, train, oversee and retain staff and service providers.
Interested? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.