IDPro, Inc. Intellectual Property Rights Policy
This Intellectual Property Rights Policy (“IP Policy”), as defined in Section 6.3 of the Membership Agreement, describes the rights and obligations of Members (as defined in the Membership Agreement) relating to Contributions (as defined below) proposed to IDPro, Inc, (“IDPro”) for the creation of materials and information published and licensed by IDPro.
1. “Contributions” mean any of the following, to the extent provided by a Member and intended for inclusion in a IDPro curated content or articles: (a) communications to or through a particular email reflector, online collaboration tool, or participation list; (b) other written materials provided at face-to-face or remote meetings, (c) other communications documented as “Contributions” in the minutes of face-to-face ore remote meetings (without subsequent and timely objection by the Member), (d) communications or materials provide through other Board-approved content collection processes and efforts.
2. “Release Form” means the form attached as “Attachment A” that any person or entity will be required to sign and accompany any Contribution to IDPro made from outside an official IDPro meeting or activity by a third party.
SECTION 1. LICENSES TO IDPRO CREATED MATERIALS
In the course of its work developing curated content and articles, IDPro receives Contributions in various forms and from many sources. In addition to other applicable terms and conditions in this Policy, the following terms and conditions apply to such Contributions. Any Contributions made to IDPro from a non-Member will be subject to the terms in the Release Form.
Copyright License. If a Contribution is included (in whole or in part) in any work of authorship created in connection with IDPro activities, the Contributor grants IDPro a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, fully-sublicensable copyright license to reproduce, create derivative works, distribute, display and perform the Contributions. Subject to the Contributor’s continued copyright ownership in their Contributions, IDPro will own the copyright in any collective works, compilations, joint works or derivative works created in connection with IDPro activities, and will own the copyright in any works created by IDPro employees or agents. IDPro will exercise its rights and license its own copyrights in a manner consistent with its non-profit mission.
No Obligation. Member acknowledges that IDPro has no duty to publish or otherwise use or disseminate any Contribution.
References. Member hereby grants permission to reference the name(s) of the Member(s), but only in association with the Contribution(s) of Member and not without first receiving prior written consent of Contributor).
Attribution. Member represents that Contributions comprised of written submissions submitted by such Member to IDPro comply with any copyright attribution requirements relating to third party content. Member hereby warrants that the Contributions are original and that he/she is the author of the Contribution. To the extent the Contribution incorporates material from the works of others, the Member has obtained any necessary permissions.
SECTION 2. NO PATENT LICENSE
At no time will any Member be required to or subject to license any rights associated with a Patent in their Contribution.
SECTION 3. MATERIALS RECEIVED FROM THIRD PARTIES
IDPro may, from time to time, receive information or requests to republish information from third party entities. IDPro will require the third party provide both the materials and any information necessary to republish the material, in particular, any disclaimers or notifications regarding ownership and attribution necessary. IDPro will republish with the full notification or information relating to attribution per the directions from the third parry. If no information regarding attribution or ownership is received from the third party then IDPRo will publish the material at its own discretion. Third parties should use a form similar to Attachment A to accompany any Contribution.
SECTION 4. CONFIDENTIALITY
All Contributions, and other materials shared broadly with the “IDPro community” for the purposes of educating Members or improving the practice of digital identity management will be considered non-confidential information, regardless of any markings to the contrary included thereon or related thereto.
SECTION 5. NOTICES
The following notice must be included in all IDPro published materials:
The technology and techniques described in the published work was made available from contributions from various sources, including members of the IDPro and others. Although IDPro has taken steps to help ensure that the technology and techniques are available for distribution and meaningfully applicable, it takes no position regarding the validity or scope of any intellectual property or other rights that might be claimed to pertain to the implementation or use of the technology and techniques described the published materials or the extent to which any license under such rights might or might not be available; neither does it represent that it has made any independent effort to identify any such rights. IDPro invites any interested party to bring to its attention any copyrights or other proprietary rights that may cover the published materials.
In the event the undersigned makes a Contribution, the undersigned hereby grants IDPro an unlimited, worldwide, irrevocable permission to use, distribute, publish, display and archive, in any format or medium, whether now known or hereafter developed: (a) the Contribution and (b) any written materials or multimedia files used in connection with the Contribution. The permission granted includes a requirement that IDPro also reproduces any notices or disclaimers associated with the Contribution. Any notice or disclaimer must be included below or attached to this form.
The undersigned hereby warrants that the Contribution is original and that he/she is the author of the Contribution. To the extent the Contribution incorporates text passages, figures, data or other material from the works of others, the undersigned has obtained any necessary permissions. Where necessary, the undersigned has obtained all third party permissions and consents to grant the license above and has provided copies of such permissions and consents attached to this form, as necessary.
· The undersigned represents that he/she has the power and authority to make and execute this assignment.
· The undersigned agrees to indemnify and hold harmless IDPro from any damage or expense that may arise in the event of a breach of any of the warranties set forth above.
· In the event the Contribution is not accepted and published by IDPro or is withdrawn by the author(s) before acceptance by IDPro, the foregoing copyright grants shall become null and void. Even in this case, IDPro will retain an archival copy of the manuscript.
· For jointly authored Contributions, all joint authors should sign, or one of the authors should sign as authorized agent for the others.
Author/Authorized Agent for Joint Authors
IDPro IPR Policy (pdf format)